Scope, Vision and Key Principles
Scope of Onemda
The Onemda program will have a local and regional focus with a significant focus on the development of partnerships with Victorian Koori communities and organisations. This footprint will be represented across all of Onemda’s activities in community development, research and Aboriginal health workforce development.
Onemda will develop a national focus in its research activity, Indigenous student recruitment, workforce development and its policy interface.
Onemda will foster the development of international academic links and networks in Aboriginal health.
A quality academic program that facilitates and builds capacity for Aboriginal health though community development focusing on:
- Policy, research, and health information systems
- The determinants of Aboriginal health
- Aboriginal health care, health services and community organisations
- Health workforce
Onemda VicHealth Group:
- Affirms Aboriginal knowledge, values and processes
- Focuses on Aboriginal community priorities
- Focuses on Aboriginal community development integrating its principles in research and teaching
- Develops meaningful consultative processes with Aboriginal communities and people
- Strengthens the skills, capacity and leadership of Aboriginal people
- Collaborates to improve Aboriginal health
- Strives to be ethical, innovative and rigorous, respecting social and cultural diversity